Polperro Cornish Gem
Polperro is everyone's idea of a picturesque Cornish fishing village with winding streets, slate roofed cottages perched overlooking the charming harbour. Visit Polperro and you may want to stay for ever!
Take time to slow down to enjoy Polperro's pace of life. Enjoy its picturesque charm, fascinating old fishing harbour and beautiful coastal scenery. Watch the world go by round the harbour, learn about Polperro's colourful past at the museum of fishing & smuggling. You could also relax with a slow pint of beer or glass of wine in one of its great pubs and enjoy local cuisine in one of the many excellent cafes & restaurants. Then catch up on your sleep at one of the many lovely & relaxing places to stay -of which there are plenty in Polperro. Even in peak season Polperro is very well catered for in terms of the number of self catering cottages that are available. Let Polperro work its magic and go home rested and relaxed.
There are many wonderful things to do an explore around Polperro. Listed below are some of them:
- Wonderful coastal walks on the South West Coastal Path.
- Boat trips and shark fishing.
- The Eden Project - 30 mins away.
- 3 National Trust houses within easy reach - also superb Cornish gardens such as Headland at nearby Polruan.
- Visit Looe - Polperro's bigger neighbour and take a boat trip to Looe Island.
- Polruan & Fowey - take the Bodinnick car ferry or Polruan foot ferry and enjoy this historic town and its beautiful river estuary.
- Liskeard - a bustling market town - go by train from Looe for the best views.
- Trago Mills - unrivalled bargains in the south-west's unique quirky superstore.
- Plymouth - big city shopping & sights - go by bus, train or car!