Looe Festival of the Sea
This bank holiday, Sunday 1st May, Looe will again be hosting The Festival of the Sea in conjunction with celebrations to mark 150 years of the Looe Lifeboat. From 10am until 8pm, at venues across Looe, a varied programme of marine related activities and music will entertain the crowds in a wonderful family day, combining education and culture with traditional sea side fun.
The festival will include:
• Death defying RLNI helicopter display over the beach
• Festival opening by MP Sheryll Murray
• Family rock pooling (Looe Marine Conservation Group)
• Beach clean (Marine Conservation Society)
• Chef demos and sea food tasting (Cornwall Good Seafood Guide and Old Sail Loft plus other chefs)
• Fishing trips to catch sustainable fish (organised by Cornwall Wildlife Trust)
• Crabbing competition, 'show and tell' (Marine Biological Association & Cornwall Wildlife Trust)
• Boat trips to see the grey seals with experts on board (from Cornwall Seal Group)
• Marine wildlife and conservation talks
• 'Pop Up' Art and Photography exhibition throughout the town
• And music & dance with live bands, sea shanties, & choirs (organised by Looe Music Festival)
For more information visit http://looemarineconservation.org/looe-festival-of-the-sea-2016/.